We are Aratech Lifestyle Technology and we are looking for a Senior Programmer to join our customer Basebone.
About our client:
Basebone is a digital content business focused on mobile phone user. They are the creators and owners of baseplay streaming services, where users can enjoy a wide range of games, music, and video content from their phones.
Baseplay is available on www.baseplay.co and the Google Play Store.
They have been running successfully for over a decade and they are proud to be the market leaders in South Africa and Kenya. They have 50+ talented staff with a global presence having offices in London, Marbella, Cape Town, and Nicosia.
About the role:
As a Senior Programmer, you will daily work on frontend and backend solutions for the company, such as:
- Building internal website tools with PHP.
- Managing a backend system with Java.
- Using data warehouse to keep internal data.
- Offering technical support to new developers.
- Offering tools support to the rest of the departments.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the
- Make architecture and technology choices for new product features and take real
ownership as we continually improve our platform for our users.
- Be accountable for the development environment and ensure that web infrastructure
remains stable. Ensure the quality and usability of deliverables.
- Focus on the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the
database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the
- Write clear code, which is extremely scalable and maintainable over time and across
- Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting bugs, and improving performance.
- Staying current with trends in web application development and design and regularly
assesses technological processes and makes recommendations to improve
- MSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 7+ year’s software development experience
- 4+ years of development experience in NodeJS
- 2+ years experience with MongoDB
- Proficient with GIT
frameworks; Knowledge of NuxtJS beneficial. (we use Nuxt/Vue structure and
- Working Knowledge of at least one of the three major cloud providers (Google Cloud,
AWS or Azure)
- Proven experience designing and implementing Micro-services architecture.
- Experience with improving Software Development Lifecycle and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building user interfaces and with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing and designing Progressive Web App (PWA) and Single page
- Working experience in an agile team environment is a big plus.
- Fluent English and good verbal and writing communication skills.